We have a karaoke night every Friday from 8pm singers get a free shot.
We’re delighted to announce that we have now re-opened our doors. I would like to thank our wonderful staff who worked so hard to keep everyone safe on our first weekend back open. We have temporarily limited our opening hours and seating capacity as we adjust to this new way of life, and introduced new safety measures to help protect our customers and staff.
Temporary opening hours:
Fri: 7pm – 11.30pm
Sat: 1pm – 11.30pm
Sun: 7pm – 11pm
New safety measures:
– We have temporarily limited our capacity to 20 persons in the bar and 30 in the Veterans Lounge. The upstairs function room remains closed at this time.
– One way directional arrows are in place to assist with social distancing.
– Perspex screens are in place at the bar
– Sanitiser stations are in place. Please sanitise your hands on entry and when asked to do so by staff.
– Socially distant seating measures are in place. Staff will direct you on arrival.
– Military associations and other group meetups are currently on hold. We will contact you in due course when we are able to provide a meeting space again.
Important legal notice
All visitors must sign in with their contact details. This is currently a legal requirement to assist with contact tracing (NHS Track & Trace) in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. We are required to keep these details for 21 days by law and do not use them for any other purpose.
As always, we thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you again soon. Please be respectful of the new rules which are for all our safety.
All the best, Jo x
We are sad to announce that last night as instructed by Boris Johnson, we closed the doors at Jesmond British Legion Club to fight the spread of COVID-19. This was not only a legal requirement, but the right thing to do to protect our community, members and staff.
I know there are people out there who would disagree, but I personally would rather be upset about my favourite drinking hole closing for a few months than lose a loved one to this horrible virus. All I can say is that in all the years I have worked and managed this club, I’ve met some truly wonderful people and don’t want to lose any of you. So stay safe and please follow Government and NHS guidelines in tackling the spread of this illness – they are best informed to guide us through these difficult times.
We hope to welcome you back as soon as the Government says that it is safe to lift social isolating measures and allows us to open our doors again.
Stay safe my friends, love Jo x